Should I exercise caution?
Of course, like any other new situation we recommend you make thoughtful and informed decisions. Guard against trusting the untrustworthy. New contacts must earn your trust gradually, through consistently honorable and forthright behavior. Take all the time you need to test for a trustworthy person and pay careful attention along the way. If you suspect someone is lying, he or she probably is so act accordingly. We advise you act responsibly about romance and not become prematurely intimate with someone, even if that intimacy only occurs online. If you mutually decide to cross the point of no return, be smart and protect yourself from sexually transmitted diseases.
- How should I begin my correspondence with a member?
- Should I request a photo?
- Should I speak with another member on the phone?
- What should make me wary?
- When is the right time to disclose my email address and/or phone number?
- When should I meet face to face?
- Where should we first meet?