Where should we first meet?
On your first date, we advise you meet in a safe place and tell a friend where you are going and when you will return. Leave your date's name and telephone number with your friend. Provide your own transportation and meet at a familiar restaurant or coffee shop when a lot of other people are present. If you decide to move to another location, take your own car. When the timing is appropriate, thank your date for getting together and say goodbye. If you are flying in from another city, arrange for your own car and hotel room. Call your date from the hotel or meet at the location you have already agreed to. If the location seems inappropriate or unsafe, go back to your hotel. Always make sure a friend or family member knows your plans and has your contact information. And if possible, carry a cell phone.
- How should I begin my correspondence with a member?
- Should I exercise caution?
- Should I request a photo?
- Should I speak with another member on the phone?
- What should make me wary?
- When is the right time to disclose my email address and/or phone number?
- When should I meet face to face?